Data Destruction Standards
At InterConnection, we follow industry best practices ensuring the confidential data and private information existing on your IT assets is never compromised. InterConnection’s standard data destruction procedures are compliant with NIST 800-88 Guidelines for Media Sanitization and the Department of Defense 5220.22-M.
Our custom-built asset tracking and data destruction program provides detailed reporting of every erasure and is compliant with Department of Defense, HIPAA, SOX, FACTA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley and numerous other state and federal compliance measures.
Secure Data, Protected Privacy
Secure and Compliant Processes
NIST and DoD Compliant Data Erasure
Nationally and Internationally Certified Data Wiping Software
Verification Process Ensuring your Data is Destroyed
InterConnection understands the stringent data destruction processes required by corporations, which is why we offer both on-site and off-site hard drive shredding. Our industrial shredder eviscerates the hard drives, causing catastrophic trauma to the entire hard drive, destroying its internal platter.
Our specialized shredder is portable, allowing for easy transport to your place of business. Our trained ITAD technicians arrive at your location to destroy your hard drives. Your hard drives never leave your sight, making this the most secure service possible.
Other Destruction Services
We offer an array of secure destruction services including:
1 Pass Wipe or 3 Pass Wipe
Our Standard Process
1. Upon arrival to our secure facility in Seattle, serial numbers from each asset are recorded and tracked ensuring your equipment is accurately accounted for throughout its lifecycle.
2. Hard drives are pulled before the computer is booted to ensure no data is exposed.
3. Reusable hard drives are taken to a secure locked cage with video surveillance. Hard drives receive a 1-pass wipe with industry leading software.
4. Non-reusable hard drives are shredded into small pieces using our industrial shredder, ensuring no data can be retrieved.
Tailored To Your Needs
Data on all hard drives received is destroyed by InterConnection’s professionally trained technicians according to the procedures laid out in your agreement, including one or more of the following procedures:
- Punched: Hard drives are placed inside a specialized machine and a conical punch inside the unit delivers 12,000 pounds of hydraulic force to the drive, causing catastrophic trauma to the hard drive’s chassis, destroying its internal platter, and is then shredded according to the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Special Publication 800-88 Guidelines for Media Sanitization.
- Shred: Hard drives are shredded according to the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Special Publication 800-88 Guidelines for Media Sanitization. Hard drives are shredded in our industrial shredder. Shredding is available both on-site or off-site.
- 1-Pass Wipe: Software is used on the hard drive to overwrite all addressable storage and indexing locations on the drive one time with zeros (0x00) and then verified. This method is both Department of Defense 5220.22-M and NIST 800-88 compliant.
- 3-Pass Wipe: Software is used on hard drives to overwrite all addressable storage and indexing locations on the drive three times with zeros (0x00), complement (0xFF) and random characters and then verified.