InterConnection reviews nonprofit grant applications 4 times a year. Please read the information below to make sure your organization is eligible.
The program is open to all U.S. 501c3 nonprofit organizations. The applicant organization must be willing and able to cover shipping cost of the donated computers. Organizations must agree to participate in joint PR with InterConnection and give permission to be featured on our website and in press announcements. Grant recipients must agree to use or dispose of the Asset in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
INELIGIBILE ORGANIZATION TYPES
Not all 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations are eligible for discounted products and cloud offers from Microsoft. Ineligible organizations include the following:
- Governmental organizations or agencies.
- Educational institutions, including K-12 schools, colleges, universities, and trade schools.
- Healthcare organizations, including hospitals, healthcare networks, health plans, ambulatory healthcare services, home healthcare and assisted living healthcare organizations, health research organizations, and laboratories. Exceptions include independent nonprofit organizations with the following missions: community, behavioral and women’s health clinics; hospices; emergency services; and blood, tissue and organ banks.
- Professional, commerce, and trade associations.
- Professional and semiprofessional sports organizations.
- Political, labor, and fraternal organizations.
- Nonpublic, non-501(c)(3) libraries, including private libraries, school libraries, specialty libraries, armed forces libraries, and libraries in government agencies.
In general, InterConnection does not fund religious or faith-based organizations.
Computer grants are awarded to organizations that deliver necessary and valuable services to underserved communities like technology training, health care, education, and job training, but need upgraded computers to better manage their organization and improve their capacity to deliver those valuable services.
InterConnection normally awards desktops pre-installed with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010, with the following minimum specifications: Core i5 processor / 4 GB RAM / 250 GB HDD. If you need higher specifications for your program requirements, you may request this in your application, detailing the need for high specifications based on what the computers would be used for. InterConnection cannot guarantee we will be able to meet these requests, however, as what we are able to provide will depend on what we have in inventory at the time. You may request up to 10 computers and grant recipients are responsible for the shipping costs.
If you have trouble completing the application or have questions email email@example.com
The grant committee will base their decision on the following 4 main evaluation criteria:
40% – Impact and reach
25% – Ability to Execute, Financial Capacity and Plan for Sustainability
20% – Technological capacity of the grantee
15% – Organizational Need
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31
We owe the initial momentum for our program to the InterConnection grant
Mischa Jakupcak, INK Artspace
Laptops Create Opportunity for At-Risk Youth in New Jersey Each quarter InterConnection awards grants to nonprofits in need of technology upgrades focusing on delivering vital services to underserved communities such as education, healthcare, technology and job...
Rescue Squad Uses Grant Computers to Coordinate Searches Scott County Emergency and Rescue Squad in Oneida, Tennessee received 2 laptops in February through our grant program. We recently received an update on how they've been using their computers. Scott County...
10 Nonprofits Receive Transformative Grant InterConnection’s Computer Grant Program supplies computers to under-resourced nonprofit organizations on a quarterly basis. This quarter, we received 96 applications and are distributing 50 computers to 10 wonderful...