In order to protect, develop and manage RURAL communities,
the RURAL poor need leadership and right directions. This
is precisely where RURAL UPGRADE SUPPORT ORGANIZATION (RUSO)
offers the right support and leadership in enabling RURAL
poor to manage their own development process and to bring
about improvements in their welfare.
PROJECT AND ACTIVITY AREAS
Please Note: The Project/Activity outlined below may
or may not have been initiated. It will be the role of the
volunteer to continue a project that has started or to start
up a new project area if no work has yet been done.
standard of living of rural poor by protecting and managing
rural environments in a sustainable manner:
· Organizing awareness campaigns in rural communities on the
importance of a clean environment.
· Initiating action on erosion control, tree planting, horticulture
and organic farming.
· Foster linkages with national and international institutions
responsible for the protection of the environment and health
issues with emphasis on HIV/AIDS and Malaria.
education of the youth:
· Teaching English, Math, Science, Music etc.
· Career counseling.
· Organizing funds and mobilizing local labour for construction
of community libraries, health posts, daycare centers and
· Provide reading materials for community libraries.
· Introducing Information Technologies to rural communities
through establishment of computer training centers.
Improve livelihoods for rural people particularly women income
· Linking appropriate local and international institutions
to provide resources and training to local women in their
income generating activities.
· Assisting communities to set up micro-finance schemes and
networks to provide capital for a sustainable income generating
Advocacy roles in promoting the rights of women, children
and the aged in society:
· Identify peculiar problems and abuses of women and children
and seeking appropriate interventions from relevant institutions
for their solutions.
integration of disabled into society:
· Organize funds and material support for disabled
people in local communities.
· Organize training programs in enterprise development skills
and link disabled with sources of employment in public and