TITLE: EDUCATION IMPROVEMENT
Improvement in quality education for children of the Kome
COMMUNITIES IN KOME AREA: 1. Alakple 4. Atito 2. Kodzi
5. Fiahor 3. Deta 6. Latame
1. Survey of schools to identify: · Teacher vacancies by
subject matter and class · Teaching aids · School enrolment
by class · Number of children of school going age but who
are not in school and reasons for not being in school. 2.
School Performance: · Results of BCCE for the past 5 years.
Number of children taking examinations and results by grade
1. Meet with Circuit Supervisor of Ghana Education Service
and Head of Schools. 2. Obtain List of Schools in Kome Area
and collect data on above. 3. Meet Unit Committee Chairmen
to do household survey on children of school going age but
who are not in school. Reasons for not being in school 4.
Analyze data and prepare report. 5. Prepare Report as guide
for implementation, identify monitoring indicators and implementation
Volunteers for Teaching the following subjects;
· English, Maths, Science, and Music, Agric Science, Fine
· Career counseling.
· Organizing funds and mobilizing local labour for construction
of community libraries, health posts, daycare centers and
· Provide reading materials for community libraries.
· Introducing Information Technologies to rural communities
through establishment of computer training centers. PROGRAM