- Computing Services
A computer and printer have been acquired to provide the following services :
- Secretarial: Providing word processing services to the community and related
- Desktop publishing: Providing desktop publishing services to the community and
Radio Apac operates a public cellular phone booth installed by MTN providing a link for
the community to communicate out of Apac.
- Radio broadcasting
- Radio Programmes: These are radio broadcasts including news, views, and prepared
information to the community. These include
- Educational programming : Distance education programmes for primary schools,
secondary schools, and teachers support programmes.
- Vocational training programmes
- Adult literacy programmes : Topics that are experienced in day to day living.
These include commerce, accounting, and civil society.
- Health education : Programmes about AIDS awareness, public and personal health
and hygiene, family planning, nutrition based on traditional foods and disease prevention.
- Farming practices : Both traditional and modern. This would touch such issues
like pest control, weather patterns and their impact on production, food storage and
processing and economic needs of the community on a basis of collaboration and partnership
with the community members, community organizations, non-government organizations and
- External Programmes : Radio Apac 92.9 FM is linked with Radio Uganda (Uganda
Broadcasting Corporation) and BBC Africa service (British Broadcasting Corporation). We
relay programs that are of interest to the community.
- Advertising: Commercial promotional space for customers.
- Sponsorship: Sponsoring production of specific programme subjects by
organisations or individuals interested in the programmes.